Grants API allows you to search and filter the most comprehensive and accurate data on grants, funders, recipients, and funding transaction activity.
- Gain versatile insight into grantmakers, recipients, and funding activities.
- Analyze funding trends, uncover new insights, and explore collaboration opportunities.
- Bring global funding landscapes to life using summary statistics with flexible criteria.
- Search on PCS, Keyword, Funder, Recipient, location, and more.
- Explore many contemporary funding topics such as Covid-19 relief and racial equity.
Understand granular grant detail including funder, recipient, and grant transaction information.
Find out which funders are supporting specific causes and gain insights such as aggregated funder giving totals, including the funder, dollar amount granted, and grant counts.
Discover nonprofit funding activities based on subject area, population served, geo location and more. Gain insights such as aggregation of recipient data, including the recipient, location, total dollar amount received, and grant counts.
Generate aggregate grant funding and organization totals. This includes dollar value of grants, funder counts, recipient counts, and grant counts.
- For grantmakers and grant management systems (GMS) tools:
- Add on to existing nonprofit records to provide a wider funding context and enhance the content used for grant-making decisions.
- For nonprofits and GMS grant-seeking tools:
- Use for greater context into grant prospecting to see who else your target grantmaker has funded to predict the likelihood of their future funding.
- For CRM systems:
- Add onto leads, opportunities, and accounts to enrich records of prospects and customers.
- For funding landscapes, dashboards, and other insight platforms:
- Build live landscapes, dashboards, and widgets to provide deep insights on where grantmaking dollars originate, who they are going to, and why it matters.
Data returned in the Grants API is compiled from multiple sources, including direct reporting of grants by foundations, IRS information returns (Forms 990 and 990-PF), foundation websites, and other public sources. Candid monitors more than 35 diverse information sources to verify the grant details in our databases.
For more information, view the grants data fact sheet which provides answers to frequently asked questions about Candid’s grants data, as well as special notes for researchers interested in using our data.
The following table contains search examples from the Grants API to demonstrate ways to use the API.
Please refer to Grants API reference for the complete search capabilities and results in the Grants API.
|I want to see how many grants were awarded to Candid in 2018 and the total amount awarded.||/grants/recipients|
|I want to see what grants were awarded to Candid in 2018 to gain insight into:|
-What the grants supported
-Who funded the grant
-How much the grant was for
I also want to see the largest grants first.
|I want to see the largest funders who have awarded funds to address climate change in 2018, to organizations in California, for grants between $10,000 and $25,000.||/grants/funders|
|I want to see a summary of giving for those that are addressing climate change, in 2018, for recipients located in California.||/grants/summary|
|I want to see a summary of giving for those that are supporting climate change, in 2018, for recipients located in California who have earned a Seal of Transparency on their GuideStar Profile.||/grants/summary|
|I want to see the most recent grants that have been added or updated in Candid’s database.||/grants/transactions|
Updated about 1 year ago